How to use the Campaign Creation Template
One of the key advantages of using Vantage to run campaigns is the ability to perform multivariate tests of ads (for example: one image with 4 versions of text copy). To make it easy for you to test many ad combinations, and ensure that mistakes don’t get made, Vantage has designed a process for submitting your various pieces of ad copy and images.
- If you look at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see that the template has a number of tabs. Be sure to provide copy variations for the 4 Facebook placement tabs (News, RightColumn, Mobile, and Instagram), and/or Google Display. Each placement has different fields and character limitations so the ad copy needs to be customized for each. In the CTA column, please select a cell, a dropdown list will appear, select the Call To Action you wish to use.
- Fill in but don't exceed the max character limit for any individual piece of copy. In order to avoid Facebook/Google truncating your copy mid-sentence, we provide guidelines for the maximum amount of characters. Once you go over the recommended characters, the character counter colour will change from green to red
- Images and videos are now paired with the row of ad copy they are associated with. If you have a specific image/video that you would like to pair with a complete row of ad copy, paste that image filename/video ID in the column associated with that ad copy. If you would like to test multiple images with a single complete row of ad copy then paste all image filenames/video IDs in the corresponding field. This will need to be done on a placement by placement basis. ALL IMAGE FILENAMES SHOULD BE UNIQUE
- Facebook has a maximum of 50 ads per placement (tab). If you exceed this maximum in a Facebook placement, some of your ads won’t run.
- Please upload your images on the Vantage dashboard/campaign builder. To ensure that the correct images are used with each template, use a naming convention that makes it easy to match the images with the Template.